
There were lots of events for kids to participate in our county fair so we decided to take the 45 min. drive to Yerington and check it out. Can we say REDNECK? There is nothing like the good ol' BE County Fair. The kids had a great time and it was fun to see other areas of Nevada. So here is what our kids participated in!
Above: Nolan and Cody did a BMX bike race. Nolan almost had 2nd place in his age group but near the very end his bike went into some really soft dirt and it took him down. Cody took 2nd place in his age group and received a little trophy. The kids loved it and they can't wait to do it again next year.

Above and below: Nolan and Cody also participated in the tractor pulls. Nolan took it about as far as most of the kids. Cody took his all the way down and took 1st place. Someone forgot to order trophies so he received 30 tickets to go on carnie rides. I was very happy because I didn't want to buy them any tickets. You could go to Disneyland cheaper than how much it is to ride the carnie rides ; ).

Below: Dylan practicing for next year!

Below: The last event was the Pig Scramble. Now this was interesting. Our boys were excited to do this one. Little did we know, you catch the pig, you keep the pig! That's Nolan holding his pig. Once we found out you keep it, Nate tried to catch our boys before they went into the arena to tell them NOT to catch one. Too late. Our boys were in the arena with 25 other kids chasing after 5 pigs. Cody came close to getting one as well but we're sure glad he didn't. Now after Nolan caught it he saw this little boy crying because he didn't get one. Nolan said to him, "Here you can have my pig." Such a sweet boy....he is always thinking of others. That little boy was so happy! And we were so happy we didn't need to feed it. Maybe next year if they catch one we could be a bit prepared to raise a pig.
5 comments:
Yay!! I'm so glad to see what's been going on with you! Looks like the boys had a blast. Ya know ya don't have to feed the pig, you could eat him. ;) lol! I copied Nolans guitar cake off the picture you posted earlier, that's the only way I would had known how to do it. So thanks for the great cake ideas, as always!
Looks like the boys had fun!! Again thanks for the phone call this morning. It was nice to talk to you. I always love catching up.
You guys are totally going redneck! J/k I love it. It looks like your boys are quite the little cowboys, give it a few more years and you'll be watching them in the rodeo. They are so cute.
KT I was sitting here looking at your blog. It's been a while. I love the pic of you and nate at the Kenney Chesney concert.
BUT Eldon was looking at the pics with me and he says, "why is there mom so pretty." I asked what was wring with me and He says, " your pretty too, but she's really pretty." I've always thought so too, but it was really cute coming from Eldon.
Have a good day!
Loved the little tractor races!! That would be a blast to watch the kids do that. Maybe we can do that for the good old Bothwell celebration!
Post a Comment