Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's Another Boy!!!!

Many of you know we have added another beautiful boy to our family. He was born May 13th at 1:33pm and weighed 6lbs. 7 1/2 oz. Here is his story of how he arrived. My water broke at home at 3am. I wasn't quite sure if that was the case so I waited a half hour before I woke Nate up. We tried to go back to sleep but that just wasn't happening. So at 5 am we woke up our kids and loaded them into the truck to go to Nate's work. You see he is the only one that works at his warehouse and there was a truck driver waiting to be unloaded, so we all hung out at his work while he did his job. At about 8am we headed to McDonald's to get the boys breakfast and then went to the hospital. I obviously was in labor so they moved me to the delivery room. When my Doctor came to see me, the pain was getting a lot stronger and he said he would check me after lunch. Well right before he came in I couldn't take it any longer and I actually started crying because the pain was so bad. My other 2 boys never felt like that. I felt like a wimp because I was only a 5. Well, the doc. came in right as I began crying. He checked me and said "Your baby is breech or it's got a really deep dimple. So they grabbed the ultrasound machine and sure enough, he turned on us during that last hour. So from there it was a whirlwind. We were going to have an emergency c-section and my parents we were still not there to take my boys. Nurses were in and out of the room and I was in a lot of pain. As they were wheeling me to the surgery room my parents arrived at the door just in the nick of time. They told me they loved me and good luck. Once in the surgery room I fell in love with the anesthesiology man. He made the bad pain go away! They had me cut open in no time and the Doctor was asking where the Dad was. Nate walked in just as they pulled him out. The Doctor said, "Look Dad!" and Nate said it, "We had another boy!" and with that he bent down with these amazed eyes and asked, "Does this mean we should try one more time for a girl?" I was shocked those words even flowed out of his mouth. I only got to see our baby for a quick moment and off him and Dad went to the nursery. I went into the recovery room and had to wait nearly 4 hours before I could hold him. I was going crazy!!!!! I kept asking everyone questions about him. When I finally could wiggle my toes I was able to go to a shared room and hold my boy. Nolan and Cody were so excited. They thought he was wonderful (and still do). Lots of kisses and hugs were going on in that room. And then the real fun began. We had to come up with a name which took us 3 days. We finally came up with Dylan Jason. We gave him the middle name Jason after his Uncle (my brother). My brother felt very honored by this. Dylan is such a wonderful baby and I am so thankful that we chose to have another addition to our little family.

11 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Oh I wish we were here so I could come see him. He looks so cute! I am so glad you updated with the best news!! Tell Nate that four times is the charm!!!That little girl is waiting. Anyway, I like the name Dylan I am glad you and baby are both OK. I bet you are thrilled your folks are close to help out. I am sure you will need it. Keep the pictures coming so we can watch him grow. I love ya and miss you!
Amy Jo

Nicki said...

So excited to see the new stuff on your blog!!! It was fun to have you guys over when you were up. Hope everything is going great for you. We miss you guys!!

TiffaniS said...

Congratulations Katie & family!!! We're so happy for you! Little Dylan is so darn cute! Please keep posting so we can see more pictures! We miss you here and hope you're all doing well!

Katie B said...

Woo Hoo! A post! I have been waiting patiently!

Dylan is so dang cute! Congrats! I am looking forward to seeing more pictures of him and his brothers!

I saw your comments on my blog. Yes, Cory is on the Thatcher dept. He loves it.... I do not. I think he is gone too much and too busy as it is. But he really likes it. Does Nate miss it?

I am missing you. The other day I was thinking I needed something from pampered chef.... and no Katie to throw party. :(

We are planning a trip to tahoe.... but not til next August. Hope it's not that long til I see you again!

Anonymous said...

Katie,
I've been checking up on you & I'm glad to finally see a post!! Congrats on your new little one. He's so cute. Keep posting, it's so fun to watch your family grow!!

The Neff Family said...

Hey KT,
So I started crying reading your blog on new baby Dylan, even though you already told me the story. I guess I am hormonal. Only one more week and I will be joining the "3 boys club"! Thanks for keeping me updated. I love ya,
Amanda

LeLe said...

Yay! You updated! Sure are missin you guys!!

summer said...

Katie! Hello, your blog is darling! We sure missed each other this summer! WHo did Nolan get for the fall? We are still in Canada and will be back on Tuesday next week. We have to get together soon, and I am not a flake who is just saying that, like a broken record!! So have a great last week before school and we will see you soon! Summer

Stowell Family Blog said...

Congrats Katie! I couldn't help tearing up a little reading your post, there is something special about 3 boys! Your family is so cute.

Angela said...

While we were blog-stalking the other day, Ben found your blog. Nate unloads him when he goes to Reno. Wierd, hu? Your boys are darling!

Laura said...

I know how it is to have to wait to hold your baby. I had to wait 11 hours to hold Sydney and she was my first so I was very impatient. She was in the NICU and they wouldn't even let me go in and see her until all the medicine wore off and I could get out of bed and walk to the wheelchair.