Friday, October 3, 2008

Beans.....Beans



Good behavior, earns rewards.

I am sure all of you moms have tried one thing or another to get your kids to behave as well as do their chores. So my sister-in-law, Amy, came up with this idea and it has worked great for us. And it probably has worked well because I have stuck to it. My kids have certain chores to be done and for each one they do they earn a bean or two. They also earn beans just by doing something nice, or doing something they have been asked to do the first time or showing me their good manners that they always seem to forget they have.

It's very simple......each bean is equivalent to 15 mins of electronic time. This is wonderful for Cody because I think he could watch tv, play the Wii, or be on Webkinz the ENTIRE day and never get a single breathe of fresh air. There are always strings attached to everything sssoooooo, if they leave things laying around the house such as shoes or toys they have to give me a bean for each item to get them back. They also have beans taken away if they show no respect or are doing things they shouldn't be doing. One other string that we added is: when your grounded you do not earn beans but you still have to do the chores.


Here is my Nolan earning 3 beans! And one less toilet for me to clean!

7 comments:

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

That's great KT I'm glad it is working for you.

By the way, it is so easy to post video clips from a digital camera. You just click on the icon to the right of the picture icon and upload any of your clips. Let me know if you need morehelp.

Amy Jo said...

What a great idea! I am always looking for things like that for my kids. It would be great if they did their jobs "just because they know they should" NOT!!! We may have to try that one.
Love the Halloween background

Thanks for the note, you are missed.

TiffaniS said...

Hey Katie! I am starting this bean thing with Nicholas TOMORROW! I can't wait! I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the idea...Nicholas is a major electronics kid too!

Angie said...

Hey Katie!! What a cute family you are growing! Congrats on the new one! It's good to see you. . and catch up! I linked to your blog through the other Katie's!!

LeLe said...

Love this idea!! And bonus you have a toilet cleaner... SWEET!!! By the way, I'm tagging you. Check out my blog for more details. :)

Amanda said...

Katie your page is so cute! Your boys are so adorable! I hope ou guys have a Happy Halloween! Its seems like its been forever since ive seen you...

The Reese's said...

katie i just found your blog! i'm glad we can see how you guys are doing. i love nolan cleaning the toliet, i showed coby and he laughed his head off. i'm going to work on that. and glad i can see a few more pictures than the new baby one jolene had of dylan. so cute!