Dawn patrol....5:30am
The GY-NORMOUS bald eagle!
Our boys trying to keep warm : )
There were at least 80 balloons that took flight!
Last Sunday our family checked out The Great Reno Balloon Race. We left at 4 in the morning and made the drive in. It was worth it! At 5am the festivities began. It was awesome to see these balloons light up before the sun rose. They had a commentator letting the crowd know when the balloons would light up and music to go onlong with it. At 6:45 an Eagle balloon rose with an american flag hanging from the basket. Then, the national anthem began playing and during that they had 5 P-38's do a fly over. It was really cool. By this time the sun was coming up and all the balloons were getting ready to take flight. My camera died on me while I was there so I will try to post pix of what I took from my camera phone too. This event was awesome. It was so fun to be surrounded by so many balloons. We will definetely be doing this again next year! We have room at our house if anyone would like to join us!
5 comments:
That would be cool to see! I would love to come. I think a bunch of us should take a girls road trip to see you.
Good Idea Amy Jo!! :D
That looks so neat! My Gage would love that!
I love that pic of your boys... little Dylan just looks like he belongs.... just like his big brothers! So Cute!
I would have loved to see that!!! How awesome is that memory going to be. I'm just impressed you got there with all the kids by 5:30. You are better than me!!
It looks like you guys have so much fun together, your boys are so cute! Will you be going to Utah around Christmas time? I would love to see you!
My boys would LUV those balloons!! Too fun!!
Oh, & Amanda actually has 2 kids, so does that make you feel even older??
Yes, I do a "Thankful Thursday" every Thur. It's kind of fun & I think I will enjoy looking back on it in years to come.
I think that would be a great idea to have your boys do one. I might have to steal that idea :)
Post a Comment